Welcome to our comprehensive RV skirting installation video! If you’re looking to enhance the comfort and energy efficiency of your RV during all seasons, you’ve come to the right place. Our step-by-step video will walk you through the entire process of installing high-quality skirting for your recreational vehicle, ensuring that you’re well-prepared for any weather conditions.
- It is best to have a partner to help, but it can be done with just one person.
- We recommend starting at the front in between the tongue and working your way backward.
- Be sure NOT to cover up your water heater, furnace, or refrigerator vents.
- If seam cuts are needed, always use a straight edge.
- We recommend using sandbags or water bags to hold the skirt down. Fold your skirt under and then place the bags on each seam.
- It helps to label ALL panels and makes the reinstalling process easier.
- Add Velcro at the seams to connect each panel when the skirting is complete. Use Primer94 to prepare the surface of the skirting before applying Velcro, add rivets to further secure.
- All adhesive gets stronger over time, do not apply any unnecessary force for the first 48 hours to the track or Velcro.
Additional tools that are not included in the kit but are required to install skirting: measuring tape, pencil or marker, scissors, straight edge, paper towel, hammer, side cuts, flat solid surface, #2 Phillips bit, and a screwgun.
📹 Video Highlights 📹
0:00 – Introduction to The Skirting Company
0:39 – What Comes in the Skirting Kit
1:23 – Additional Tools Required
1:41 – Things to Consider Before Installation Process
1:56 – Installing the Track
3:06 – Installing Snap Studs
3:36 – Installing the Skirting Panels
5:48 – Installing the Fifth Wheel Panel
8:00 – Installing Velcro
9:00 – Securing the Panels to the Ground and Numbering the Panels
9:56 – Removing, Cleaning, and Storing Your RV Skirting
10:41— Final thoughts and How to Contact Us
Whether you’re a seasoned DIY enthusiast or just starting out, our tutorial is designed to make RV skirting installation a breeze. Say goodbye to drafts, heat loss, and unwanted pests while enjoying a cozier, more energy-efficient living space in your RV.
Here at The Skirting Company, we’re passionate about enhancing the RV lifestyle and helping you stay cozy in the winter. Our team of experts is dedicated to providing you with valuable tips, guides, and high-quality products to make your RV living experience even more enjoyable. Have questions or need assistance? Feel free to contact us here or give us a call at (574) 402-0055. We are happy to help!