Camping or Glamping?
So we have all heard the term “camping” but have you ever heard the term “GLAMPING”?
Many dream of taking a break from the hustle and grind of today’s world and would love to do that in the great outdoors.
For some camping means a sleeping bag in a tent with meals either dried or over the fire. Many enjoy “roughing it” by means of tent camping. They love the thrill of being unplugged and polar opposite of their everyday life.
But for many, the thought of tent camping does not appeal to them.
Sleeping on the ground in a tent, dealing with pesky mosquitoes and bugs getting inside, and having no air conditioning…Ummm no thanks!
BUT what if there was a way to still enjoy the great outdoors with the amenities that a hotel room would offer?
Okay, now we are talking!
Glamping is bringing a whole new level of interest to the outdoors.
What is Glamping?
“Glamping” is the term for glamorous camping. It has become the main way people are enjoying the great outdoors. The big differentiator is your comfort level. With that being said “glamping” will look different to many but often involves a real mattress, running water, and electricity.
It can also involve:
- Flushable toilet
- Showering with hot water
- Air conditioning
- A refrigerator
- Many other amenities that your fine-star hotel suite would offer.
It is where our beautiful nature meets modern luxury. It is a great way for people to connect with nature by stepping off the beaten path and walking away from the superficial tourist activities. There are many great glamping destinations or you can also join many others by purchasing an RV.
Ways to Go Glamping
There are many options to camp with have modern luxuries. Here are a few examples:
- Camping Cabins– Many campgrounds offer cabins with a roof over your head and a bed to sleep in. Often times you will have electricity and an air conditioner but will need to bring coolers and use the campgrounds facilities.
- Tree Houses– This is a way to bring out the youth in all of us. Who didn’t love being in a treehouse as a child? There is just something appealing about a treehouse no matter what age you are. You would get the same amenities as more camping cabins with a roof over your head and a bed to sleep in. The bonus is a unique experience and awesome views.
- Yurt– This is a new term for many. They are circular tents that feature rigid walls and are fully enclosed. Many offer electricity, running water, and beds to sleep in.
- RV-Many families are resorting to buying their own RVs and manufacturers are beginning to make RVs with some awesome luxuries. Read here are about the real cost of an RV.
Camping or Glamping?
So we have established what glamping is and ways that one can go glamping, but is one better than the other.
As we discussed earlier, camping means something different to everyone and glamping is all about one’s comfort level.
For our family, there is a middle ground. We enjoy staying in rustic places or boondocking in our 28’ travel trailer. We enjoy the serenity of the woods and the noises of nature but enjoy having a comfy bed to go back to after a day of hiking the woods or kayaking the nearest river. We enjoy having running water to shower in as well as a refrigerator that keeps our food cold. Is our camper luxurious? Absolutely not, but we love it.
Glamping is all about making your camping experience comfy and luxurious, whatever that looks like for you!